This software uses patented algorithms for identifying rigid and flexible regions within proteins and other biomolecules of thousands of residues in a few seconds.
The FRODA module (Framework Rigidity-Optimized Dynamics Algorithm) within the FIRST software uses geometric simulation algorithms to quickly explore the “clash free” conformational space in proteins or other biomolecules. FRODA is capable of generating thousand of distinct conformations within minutes on a single-processor computer.
- Pharmaceutical research (e.g. searching for possible ligands to inactivate HIV protease)
- Understanding cellular metabolism
- Cancer and autoimmune disease research
Benefits and Advantages
- Novel algorithms are faster than competing software products
- Shows flexibility and motion in biomolecules
- It is easy to simulate the motion in large structures
- Conformational changes in ADK proteins are produced in five minutes or less
The on-line freeware version is available at: http:/flexweb.asu.edu.