Researchers at Arizona State University have developed a real-time, contextual analysis system that models complex socio-political situations that have a large degree of volatility and uncertainty. This innovation enables decision-makers to analyze cultures, attitudes, events, relationships and project potential outcomes. System users have the ability to understand the driving factors of behaviors in complex and dynamic environments by accounting for beliefs, goals, and intentions of influential state and non-state actors, as well as their leaders and followers. The system mines and organizes data to show the sizes and geographic footprints of social-media active groups, links and interactions between groups, lists, locations, and other demographic information about the group’s influential followers, group trends, and provides detailed information about the patterns of any geographic location, group, or individual.
- Detection of potential terrorist threats
- Model religious and sectarian extremism and trends
- Project anticipatory scenario development and strategic planning for regional instability
- Track enemy combatants
- Detecting financial fraud
Benefits and Advantages
- Fast – Analyzes large amounts of data quickly
- Better Decisions – Provides leaders with information and scenarios for potential outcomes to aid in decision-making
- Saves Lives – Proactive system allows for rapid response and preemptive action.
For more information about the inventor(s) and their research, please see
Dr. Hasan Davulcu's directory webpage